Monday, December 7, 2009

Stop Motion Glory

I have recently been re-introduced to stop-motion videography by my brother, Gabe. Its a really neat technique videographers use that is quite time-consuming, but the effect is really interesting. For those of you that haven't heard of it (which could be none of you, because I'm an old person and don't know anything about real life going on around me), it is made by taking a huge number of photos in which each photo has only a small change. When you put them together, it tells a story in a video-like form, because the subjects look as though they are moving.

Here is my old favorite video. Bear with it. There are some neat effects to be observed and more than a few cackles to be had. However, I think this amazing music video truly does stop-motion justice. Not only does it create a cool story with a different technique, it is a truly out-of-the-box creation.

And I just want to say that I am still refusing to admit that I should be in dead week mode. Friends---count me irresponsible.

2 comments: