Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hah, I just did that.

I recently got in a car accident. But don't go getting all riled up---the only scratch that came of this accident resides on the side of my car and possibly my brother's pride.

My family all came to town this week, and though because of a dire situation, I absolutely loved having them here. We decided to catch breakfast one morning at Panera, and after some pointless and amusing conversation along with oogling over our one-year old nephew, we departed in two separate cars. Parked opposite of each other, end to end, I commenced backing out of my spot, looking in my mirrors and over my shoulders like any good driver--also denoted as "any good Noll." In the midst of my reverse action, my brother decides instead to be enthralled with our brother-in-law and flies into reverse without any mirror-checking. This is where the denotation of "any good Noll" comes in. I hereby assure that Gabe is, in fact, the least favorite child.

Long story short (I suppose I'm too late for that now), I back my car into the side of his, and instead of concern, laughter ensues from both parties. With a shrug, we continue on to the rest of our day.

That is my family. Well, just one of them, I suppose. I would say you meet one, you've met them all, but we are each entirely different. In case it wasn't obvious from just knowing me, I'm the favorite child. Just sayin, Mom...

1 comment:

  1. True.
    I am least favorite.
    You are favorite.

    I am proud of that scratch on your car!

    ReplyDelete