Friday, December 4, 2009

I do that. ALL the time.

I always thought twitching was a normal part of life. Sometimes you get a slight cold chill up your spine and do a little shiver. Sometimes your eye muscles begin to spasm slightly. You win some, you lose some. Nay, my friend, not so with I. I have begun to realize that my twitches are increasingly intense, frequent, and perhaps...dangerous?

You know how when you drive by a bunch of trees that the sun is shining through, the light flickers really quickly through them? Couple that with my incompetent muscle functionality, and the killer combination provides not one, but multiple twitches/spasms/convulsions in succession. Yeah, you got it. I look like a seizure victim. Could this potentialy be dangerous? Yes, for two reasons: One-driving is a hard thing to do when you can't fully control your faculties. Two- looking attractive is a hard thing to do when you can't fully control your faculties. Two cons for my single lady's marriage resumé, which I will be posting on my blog soon--keep an eye out, and let all your single brothers and friends and friends' brothers know too.

However, one of the more descriptive memories of my twitch encounters happened earlier this fall as I walked through the halls of Cornerstone Church, carrying some Anthem CDs down to the gym for the Salt Company. Swiftly the twitch overcame my muscles, and without a chance for my mind to object, I soon found my arms thrown to one side, and the precious cds strewn all about the floor. Self-control clearly isn't one of my strong points--so much for the Fruit of the Spirit.

And a health note from your self-designated advisor--
This, my friends, is the devastating affect that poor muscle control can have on one's physical self (and personal self (is that redundant?), as I delegate the responsibility of my singlenesss to this very problem). Don't let those soft and squishy guns fool you--they'll get you back for all the times you've foolishly embarrassed them in attempts to bring friends to the "gun show." The lesson in this? Be wise, my friends. Muscles are people, too.

3 comments:

  1. "...which I will be posting on my blog soon--keep an eye out, and let all your single brothers and friends and friends' brothers know too."

    Hahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, you're amazing. I have quite the singles resume as well, complete with the title "Danielle Henderson, aka, the Pathetic Frozen Popsicle".

    Also, "I'm all by myself!" (as I stroke my face with tiny hands)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I got lucky in my random twitches. They're all either neck or eye. But it does seem to bother some people when my neck goes from straight up to my ear suddenly touching my shoulder.

    ReplyDelete