Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Irony of Humility in Winning

I recently won something. The College of Business Veishea Photo Contest, and it was http://www.flickr.com/photos/elenanoll/4494419759/ this photo did me in. And by recently, I mean in the past couple of months. Yeah, yeah, congratulations to me and stuff. Don't get me wrong--I was really excited and feel blessed. But most of all, I am extremely humbled.

You see, as a believer of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, I know that I can do all things through Him. I also know that all good things come from Him. Which leads to the idea that all good things I do are through Him. Rather, He does good things through me. Conclusion: I cannot do anything good unless it is through the providence of God. Is this true or am I way off base here?

In short: God used the talents he gave me, a situation he provided, to bring about a result that he forethought. And to put a cherry on top, he blessed me with prize money I was able to use for his glory. It was the least I could do. I mean, c'mon, the only thing I had to do was enjoy the talents he gave me! Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

p.s.--blogspot--I'm back!

1 comment:

  1. No, you are not way off base. Well said, sis, and nice pic

    ReplyDelete