Tuesday, October 6, 2009

CyRide is the New Sleigh?

All of my childhood hopes and dreams have been based upon the simple fact that Santa Claus drives a sleigh. Right? Ok, I suppose some of them came from the Bible and stuff. But recently, I came to the startling conclusion that santa doesn't ride in a sleigh at all! He rides CyRide. I know what you're thinking..."Good call Santa, way to upgrade to a heated form of transportation." And I agree--I always wondered how he stayed warm on that sleigh up in the sky.....but back to my story. Every monday morning when I set foot on the mighty #3 Blue South bus at 6:35 a.m., I am struck by the sight of my dearest gift-bringing friend, Santa Claus. He sits inconspicuously off to the right side, bravely showing his long white beard, his merry rounded belly, a festive red baseball cap, and pristine white sneakers (who knew?). At first I thought that this poor old man must unknowingly impersonate the red-clad hero we know as Santa, but as weeks went by I came to realize that this man wore his red cap every morning we had our chance meeting. Coincidence? I think not. This man IS our beloved Santa Claus!

Although I do believe, I must pose my one question for our crafty santa-man. How do you plan to fly CyRide to visit all your faithfully "nice" people on one snowy Christmas Eve night? I know the weather is nice here and the campus is beautiful, but you should probably get your priorities straight. And put yourself in Rudolph's shoes, for goodness sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment